Categories of hosting services
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's review them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a weblog, e-mails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain firms, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage accounts often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely untrue interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between independent hosts of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a large number of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the service is generally free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your e-mail aliases. Some vendors provide web space hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to have as many videos as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Universal Host, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific content only.